call it a whim

Friday, December 23, 2005

Santa Baby

This will probably be my final post until after the new year, as I am sure the cabin in GA does not have internet connection, so my trusty little laptop will be sitting at home collecting dust!I will try to think of something insightful or profound to ring in the new year upon my return, but that does not come as easy as witty banter, so don't expect too much. I just want to use this time to say how excited I am for Christmas this year! I know Grady does not get it at all, and will likely spend most of the morning in his exersaucer knawing on the wrapping paper. I will know, though, that this is his very first Christmas. Well, unless you count last year when he was the size of a peanut...literally. It makes me think of all the Christmases yet to come. What traditions will we start? What will be the hot toy item that I am waiting in line for at 5 am the day after Thanksgiving? Will Grady creep down the stairs at 3 am and look at the presents under the tree as my brother and I used to do? I can see him in a few years when we will possibly have another baby, he'll really love it by then, and he'll be not only tearing into his own gifts but "helping" his little brother or sister with theirs as well. I have always loved Christmas, and last year when we went to see Polar Express, I could not help feeling like standing up and shouting "that's right, you have to believe, people." (I am sure Chris is extremely glad I did not do that, he dealt with weird enough emotional outbursts.) I cannot wait to see Christmas through Grady's eyes. I can't wait until he understands about baby Jesus (I think it's so cute when kids say "baby Jesus"). Or until he starts counting down the days until Santa comes. But this year I will enjoy him being little and the pictures and memories. And taking advantage of the fact that this is the only year I'll be able to dress him in a Santa suit without him protesting. Enjoy this Christmas, from our family to yours!

1 Comments:

  • Oh my gosh, that santa picture is about the cutest freakin' thing I've EVER seen in my life. I can hardly stand it.

    By Blogger Nicole, at 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home