call it a whim

Monday, November 07, 2005

I do love making lists

I find that when I haven't blogged for a while, list format is the easiest way to convey what's going on. Plus, I love lists. Just ask Chris how many lists I make. I even have a running list of how many ounces Grady eats a day.

1. I traveled to Minnesota with Grady this week for my great-grandmother's funeral. She was 98 and I am in a bit of a period of mourning that I never really got to know her.
2. Grady did great on the plane ride up, not so great on the plane ride home.
3. If I cancel an appointment without 24 hours notice at my dentist's office, I am charged a fee of $30. A few weeks ago they cancelled an appointment 3 hours in advance. I am still waiting for my $30.
4. Right after I had Grady, I had lost all but 5 lbs of my baby weight. I have now gained 6 of those back, so I have to lose 11. Damn that Publix bakery.
5. Today I decided to lay Grady in his crib at naptime and let him "cry it out" because the books say by 4 months, they should be able to do this. He cried for 12 minutes, fell asleep for 12 and is now crying again. We'll see how long mommy can last.
6. I have a ton of stuff to do in order to get ready for our move into our new house, packing, cleaning, throwing away crap, yet here I sit at the computer in my PJ's with unwashed hair and the laundry on the couch beside me.
7. The crying is starting to break me down. It's hard to know all it would take is me picking him up and he'd be back to sleep again.
8. We went to Busch Gardens yesterday and had a good time looking at all the animals. They had these strange baby monkeys that looked like gremlins.
9. I rode shiekra, the newest roller coaster, and the scariest part were the wasps swarming around the top of the ride. I don't like bugs, and I find wasps to be one of the unfriendliest of bugs in general.
10. I am definitely not good at the "cry it out" thing. I am going to go give him his paci, as I am sure he's spit it across the crib by now.

1 Comments:

  • I have to say, I think the list format is genius. I found a Space one time that was a daily "Top 5." Sorry to hear about the cry it out dilemma...I think it's hard when you're, like, babysitting, but I can't imagine how it would be with your own child. Good luck with the move!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home