call it a whim

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

HSN

I recently accepted a job with the Home Shopping Network. I will be able to work from home taking inbound calls so I will be here to make sure I don't miss any major Grady milestones. Of course, I'll have to have a babysitter for him, but I'll be in the house as well so if anything happens I won't have to worry. I am excited for actually starting the job, but the past week of training has been rough. I have to do 4 more weeks and I can't quite figure out why. Well actually, I do know. Aside from myself and maybe 2 or 3 other people in the class, nobody gets it. We spent 3 hours last week learning how to sign onto the computer. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that something most people have been able to do since like 1997? Granted we have user names and passwords and such, but even with all that, I still believe it is a task that could have been gone over in as little as 15 minutes. Then we actually got to the order fulfillment screen, at which point I heard the instructor explaining to one of my coworkers about drop down boxes and telling another one how to use the TAB key. WHAT??? We have a 350 page booklet we have to get through in the next 5 weeks and while everyone else is agonizing over if they will ever learn it all, I am wishing they would just leave me alone with the book for a week and then test me to see if I'm ready for action. I know I am a person who picks up on things fast and then becomes very bored and tunes out. Meanwhile my husband has to be at home every night putting Grady to sleep by himself, which believe you me is no easy task. I am trying not to be too negative about it, and at least I have stopped crying when I have to leave for work every night. Only 19 more days...

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on the job. I had to do 1 week of training for the bank job a couple of years ago and about 1/3 of the people were really dumb. I can't imagine having more stupid people for more weeks. I'm sorry...hopefully it'll seem to go quicker the next 19 days and be over soon!! Love on that baby from me...I want to see him in person!!

    By Blogger Nicole, at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home