call it a whim

Friday, August 26, 2005

Sleep




I am seriously the poster child for new anxious moms. Grady sleeps in our room right now, hopefully that will change soon, but for now, I feel I need him close. Every single noise he makes wakes me up. He has acid reflux and sometimes it causes him to choke and wheeze in his sleep. It doesn't really bother him much, he just makes funny noises and sleeps blissfully away. But not me. I jump with every cough, sure my baby is going to stop breathing. Now, I have talked to other people and I know this is a common fear. But even on nights when I could be sleeping for hours, it is restless. Like last night. Grady ate at 7:30 and was fast asleep by 8:24. Of course, Chris and I were close behind...we have learned not to waste a precious minute of sleep. We all did pretty well until about 1 am (which was a really long stretch by the way, we are used to no more than 4 hours). Then Grady got gas. He was grunting and straining, and sleeping through it all. I was feeling my heartrate rise. He slept like that until almost 2, and then woke up to eat. Which was a small miracle. Chris was happy with the 5 and a half hours, knowing we still had time to sleep. I was still a little worried about the gas. I am learning that this may become a constant for the rest of my life. I am just praying I can learn to deal so I don't become one of those moms who is calling their son's college dorm room at 2 am to make sure he's in bed.

Above are a few pics of bathtime!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home