call it a whim

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Pure Love


I am over the moon for my son. I knew there was that love out there you just can't explain. But it truly hits home when you fall in love with your child. Here is someone that you love simply because they exist. They do not have to win your affection. You even love it when they are screaming in your face for 2 hours straight. But there is another love I have also recently had the joy of experiencing. That is a different kind of love for my husband. I loved him before, of course. There were times before Grady was born that I thought I could never love Chris any more than I already did. But to look up for the first time and see your spouse holding your child, knowing he feels exactly the same way about that baby as you do....That's big. I still get overwhelmed sometimes when he comes home and picks Grady up and sings to him. For those of you who don't know Chris, he's not really a singer. But he is to our son. Grady knows his voice and just stares up in awe. That's when I know I am blessed beyond words.

1 Comments:

  • Wow. That's incredible. And, Grady is adorable! Congratulations. I'm glad everyone involved is healthy and doing well. Awesome pictures!

    By Blogger edhigg, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home