call it a whim

Sunday, July 17, 2005

bill


I think I was in about 2nd grade when my dad, Bill, got signs to put in front of the houses he was trying to sell. In all of my 2nd grade wisdom, I promptly informed him that the people who made the signs had messed up, they had forgotten to capitalize the first letter of both his first and last names. This to me was the ultimate mess up, as everything I had learned about grammar so far revolved around the fact that when you had a proper noun, you always used a capital letter. My dad told me "some realtors don't do it that way, it makes things easier". I really didn't get it at the time. Now, not using proper capitalization technique is acceptable anywhere except in english classrooms. Not only acceptable, but a bit trendy. My dad's a trendsetter....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home