call it a whim

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Office Crazies

There are several women in my husband's office who are pregnant or have recently had babies. One of them had twins, and another had a little girl a few weeks after I had Grady. This woman finds it necessary to discuss the details of her pregnancy and delivery with my husband to find out if her experience is similar to mine. He feels slightly uncomfortable every time she approaches him with a question, and it leaves us both wondering why she doesn't simply talk to the other ladies in the office about delicate matters such as her cervix. Granted, my husband has just gone through it with me, and he is less uncomfortable than most other men would be, but that is still no excuse for what happened the other day. This woman asked my husband if I had bad stretch marks (I do), when he stammered out "well, she has some, I don't know how bad they are in comparison to other people..." she lifted up her shirt to show him hers, asking "are they as bad as this?" Back up lady.... if someone had seen that they could have misinterpreted the situation and my husband could have been in real trouble. Now, the other woman in his office just had twins...I am sure she has some stretch mark specimens to compare. Why the surprise attack on my husband? Am I wrong to want to go to his office and tell this chick that if she wants to see my stretch marks, to call me up, but please leave her midriff covered at work? Of course, I am not going to do that, but apparently she never got the manual on appropriate work discussions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home