call it a whim

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lindsay Ho-han


Back when I was in high school, Disney remade the movie "The Parent Trap." The original starred Hayley Mills, and the remake featured a then brand new little starlet, Lindsay Lohan. I am ashamed to admit that I was a big fan of the original, and even more ashamed to admit that I was also a big fan of the remake. I know the movie was certainly not targeted at high school juniors, but while other kids in my class were out drinking and partying, my best friend Angie and I were spending one Saturday night having a sleepover and watching "The Parent Trap." Yes, I was innocent, so sue me. I was also in theater, and semi-popular. Really the only kids who didn't talk to me were the really popular ones, but that may have been because they were too concerned with sleeping with each other to even make fun of my little-girl sleepovers. Anyway, back in the day I thought Lindsay Lohan was a real cutie-pie 11 year old who pulled off a surprisingly accurate British accent. Now...well she's running into cars all over LA and really needs to eat a pop-tart or something...anything really. She also falls into the pack of teenage and early 20 something starlets who dress like ho's. Apparently these girls do not see the 9 year olds I see. Kids want to emulate them, and I'm sorry, but a Paris Hilton skirt is just not appropriate for a 9-year-old (or a 34 year old, for that matter, but those ladies should know better). I really hope that if I ever have a daughter this trend will be over. I guess I'll have to show the original "Parent Trap" in my house 'cause you can be darn sure you're not gonna catch Hayley Mills in a see through blouse and sequined thong.

1 Comments:

  • One of my guilty pleasures is "Freaky Friday", starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan. I wish Lindsay (and the Olsen Twins, Tara Reed,Christina Aguilera, and Britney Spears) could go back to their pre-ho days.

    By Blogger edhigg, at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home