call it a whim

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Fatigue- or as jack McFarland says "je suis Fatty-Gay"

Well, I have not posted in a while. We have been in the midst of the move from our apartment into my in-laws house. On top of that, I got sick. Moving is hard. Moving while sick is difficult. Moving while sick and still trying to take care of a 4 month old is next to impossible. It took way longer to pack than I thought it would. We are still not totally done, plus, we still have to clean the place up. I am considering searching to find someone I can pay to go clean the empty apartment just so I can spend the weekend with my husband. Not that he won't be there helping, but I don't consider cleaning quality time. The move has pretty much uprooted Grady. He's doing better than I thought, but whatever nap schedule we had is totally shot. I thought it would be ok, when the first three nights we were here he pretty much slept through the night. He did wake up once or twice looking for his paci and then went right back to sleep. So I thought to myself, "hmmmm, maybe he has outgrown his nighttime feeding." Well, then came Monday night. Grady decided to wake up at 2, and stay that way until 4. He was not acting hungry. He was just like "Yo, mom and dad....are ya there?" Well, we were there. But then he did the same thing last night. I held off feeding him because as I mentioned before, he had gone several nights in a row not needing it. Well, Chris was up with him for an hour, and then I heard the telltale "why am I not eating" shriek. So, I got a bottle and fed him. then he stayed up until 5 just talking to himself. I just slept in the bed in the room where his crib is located, and thanked God and anyone else who was listening when he slept until 8:15 am. But the late night wakings and up and down naps are definitely taking their toll. The problem seems to be his hands. He'll be totally asleep, and then Chris and I will watch in horror on the video monitor as his hands creep up into the air and then fall down into his face. Then he wakes up. I just put him down for his nap 4 times until I felt my nerve unraveling and wrapped him straight jacket style in a blanket. We haven't swaddled him since he was about 2 weeks old, but we may have to pick it back up again, just so we can all get some sleep. I think it was better when I couldn't remember what a decent night's sleep felt like, but those 3-4 days spoiled me. Add this onto the normal holiday stress and I'm going nutty as a fruitcake. Ahhhh.... this too shall pass. I wonder if the baby Jesus had to be wrapped like a burrito?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home