call it a whim

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Writer's blog


I really don't have much to write about these days. I haven't done a lot but sit home and enjoy my son. Which is fine by me. But it's hard to find a lot to write when you don't get out much. The last place I went was the dentist. That was fairly interesting. In the waiting room were 6 children who were all obviously siblings. They were well groomed and well behaved. The oldest was I'd say, eleven, and the youngest was probably one. The five that were old enough to talk were fluent in French. I love the French language, but I love it even more from children. I understand enough of it that I basically understood the major themes of their conversation. Their tongues tripped over the words and I found myself tickled. I was even more so that they were obviously American children. I am sure one parent spoke French, but they still amazed me.
On other fronts, Chris got a new job. He will be able to work four ten hour days, which means constant 3-day weekends for our family. I am so thrilled about that. Also, he won't have to work more hours during tax season, which was really hard last year.
Grady started really laughing this week, he thinks it's hilarious when I hold him over my head, rock him back and forth, and sing "shake your booty." He also likes when we touch his toes to his nose. We are planning on starting rice cereal this week and I am excited to see how he does with that. Also today, he tried to steal Chris' spaghetti at lunch...hence the above picture. I am not good at the cry it out thing. I just can't let him cry. So I have resolve myself to the fact that I will have to rock him to sleep until he' s six. Oh well.
That's about it with us. We're planning to move in with my in-laws at the beginning of December until our house is finished in January, so we have a lot of packing to do.
I usually try to put something funny in my blogs, but I am still in a lot of pain from the dentist and am not seeing the funny things about life right at the moment. But the good news is, we are going to Disney on Saturday, so that should restore my sense of happiness. If you made it to the end of this, you win a prize. Go bake yourself a cake.

2 Comments:

  • mmm...my cake was delicious. grady is already eating cereal??? sorry you had to have dental work (ew). Have fun at disney (I'm SO jealous).

    By Blogger Nicole, at 8:12 PM  

  • No, really, I read the whole thing! Awesome. Three day weekends are always good, too.

    And, your life IS interesting. Very interesting. Even if it doesn't seem like it to you sometimes, for those of us on the outside, we love it! You have a baby! That still blows my mind.

    By Blogger edhigg, at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home