call it a whim

Monday, July 31, 2006

He was right!!!

Yes, I have come to report that the father in My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding was in fact, correct. Windex is a wounderful, multi-purpose spray that can be used for almost anything.
My first example comes to us from the seventh month of my pregnancy. This was in May, when the humidity in FL set in, my entire body seemed to swell literally overnight. I woke up and panicked when I realized I could not remove my wedding rings. Normally, the things are a little loose, but on that day in particular, they were not budging. I immediately scoured the internet for tips, and tried everything. I wrapped dental floss tightly around my finger to try and constrict it enough to slide the ring off. Nope. I tried vegetable oil. Nope. Preperation H. Nope. sticking my finger in ice while holding it above my head until the finger had frostbite and the arm felt like it might fall off. Nope. Just when I had given up hope, and started putting my clothes on for a trip to a jeweler to see if they could cut the rings off. Then I stumbled across the second page of my google search, which I had been making my way through, and found the word Windex. "Like in the movie?" I thought. Well, I dug it out of the cabinet, sprayed my finger liberally, and within 2 minutes, was able to slide the rings off. An added bonus: the rings had a nice clean shine. MAGIC!!!
My second encounter with the miralces of windex came on Friday afternoon. Somehow, three hornets had managed to get into our house. Now, I am NOT a bug lover. Especially when the bugs have stingers. All I wanted was a can of Raid, which we didn't have. So looked through the pantry and spotted a trusty bottle of windex. I grabbed it and went on my sniper mission. I located the first hornet, aimed, flinched, sprayed about 20 times, and then ducked in case all I had managed to do was anger the thing. When I found the strength to open my peepers, I saw the little thing writhing on the floor. I am not normally a person who wants to watch something die, but when it's a bug, nothing gives me more pleasure. I patted my trusty bottle of windex, and set off in search of the other hornets.
Thank you windex, thank you big fat greek daddy. I am a customer for life.

1 Comments:

  • It does sound crazy, but it really is true!! Mike uses it for everything. I haven't tried it on zits yet, though. Luckily I don't have too many zits anymore to try it on.

    By Blogger Erin, at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home