call it a whim

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Hey! My Sister in Law is going to participate in the Breast Cancer three day this fall. Here is her sponsorship letter and a link to her personal page if any of you would like to make a donation to this very worthy cause.


Dear friends and family,
For the past several months, I have been working with a personal trainer (it’s hard to be a celebrity) to achieve a more balanced and healthy lifestyle. Well, all of those endorphins must be rushing straight to my head, because I have decided to undertake a 60 mile walk. Yes, SIXTY.
It will take me, and many other participants, three days to complete this trek. Along the way we will be chatting it up, camping out, and walking for a wonderful cause. All of our hard work will directly benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.
You may be wondering two things. One, how does my enduring sixty miles and three days on my feet benefit breast cancer? Well, as a participant, I am required to raise $2,200 in donations to go toward the aforementioned foundations. They are committed to helping stop Breast Cancer before it starts and healing the 200,000 Americans who are diagnosed every year.
Two, you may be wondering how you can help. Thankfully, I have the answer, so you needn’t wonder for long. No, I am not going to ask you to walk with me, but if you would consider supporting me both emotionally (the endorphins are bound to give out sometime) and financially, I would be sincerely grateful. Any amount can be specified on the donation form below. It would be fantastic if each person would consider giving $1.00 per mile. That would set me well on my way toward my goal, and each step I take will bring us closer to the end of this disease.
Thank you in advance for any amount you can give. I know this will be a wonderful experience, and I appreciate your willingness to join in the journey with me.
Sincerely,
Katie Vickers

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=131545&supid=121649466

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home