call it a whim

Thursday, May 11, 2006

akward. A-K-W-A-R-D...akward.

Last night we ran to Walmart for a few things. It was packed as usual and we resigned ourselves to a lengthy wait in line. When we got there, I remembered we forgot batteries for our camera...a must have, so Chris went back to get some while I saved our place. In front of me was an approximately 12year old boy. He was playing with two of those big, multi-colored, inflated balls made out of plastic or rubber, I am not sure. Anyway, Grady thought it was so cool when the kid bounced then up and down, and was laughing in delight. The tweenager turned to look at him and said "That's a cute baby." I smiled and replied "thanks, he likes your balls." He blushed, I blushed, we stopped talking.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home