call it a whim

Monday, April 24, 2006

Fishy Subjects

I go to Wal-Mart, on average, three times a week. I know, I could probably put together a big list and do everything at once, but Grady does better with smaller trips. Anyway, on the way home from the superstore, there is a trailor with a sign that says "Fawn's Tanning, Hair and Nails." Now, I am pretty sure that whoever made the sign forgot to add some things. I think it might be good if after "Hair and Nails" they were to put "Meth lab and House of Prostitution". I am not saying that someone should be prohibited from opening a friendly beauty salon in a small trailor, however, Fawn's is obviously not the welcoming, cutesy, southern style place depicted in such movies as Steel Magnolias. This place NEVER has any customers, yet it is always open. What does that say to me???? Something fishy is afoot. I am pretty sure that if the police drove by a few times they might notice a slightly funny smell and maybe a few people running for cover.
On that note, I learned recently that druggies are using baby formula to cut meth and other types of inhaled intoxicants. WHAT? Well, at least they're getting plenty of Iron and DHA along with their daily high.
Here's a completely different train of thought. Some 78 year old man in South Florida was going around with a medical bag to apartment complexes claiming to be a representative from a local hospital. He told women that he was there to offer a free breast and pelvic exam as part of a program the hospital was running. Now, you gotta give him credit for being inventive, but had he come to my house, I would have politely declined and immediately called 911. Actually, I wouldn't have ever opened the door. However, TWO women allowed him into their home and let him do a breast and pelvic exam on them. Again, WHAT? Now, I am all about being sympathetic toward victims of sexual assault. It is an issue that hits extremely close to home, having dealt with it on a personal level, but this is just INSANE. What kind of person willingly lets a guy they don't know, who has no credentials other than an old medical bag, into their home to do a pelvic exam????? I can only hope they had just left Fawn's Tanning, Hair, Nails, Meth lab, and House of Prostitution, and were a bit confused.

1 Comments:

  • I just laughed out loud and woke up my roommate when I read your blog. You should have your own show.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home