call it a whim

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Skinny Black No-no.

Just because Audrey Hepburn looks Awesome with a capital A in skinny black pants does not give GAP the right to bring them back onto the market. First off, I don't find tapered pants flattering nevermind the model. But that's not the major issue. Miss Audrey was maybe, like a size 2. Sure, there is a tiny fraction of the general population that is under a size 4, but most of them are also under the age of 18. Now, there was a time when I could slide my then skinny tushy into a size 2. However, Audrey also has the benefit of a perfect figure thrown in her corner. These pants would not look good on anyone with no curves at all (Mary Kate Olsen and Nicole Richie, back off the pants), or anyone who is over-curvy. Please, GAP, don't try to convince me or the rest of the people I know in real life we would look rockin' in these pants.
Also, I really don't care what any of the fashion gurus said about this fall season, but 1992 called, and they want their leggings back. Anyone over the age of 7, please surrender them immediately.

1 Comments:

  • thank you so much for your card, ps. also... your fashion comments... you are reading my mind... my venezuelan butt and audrey have NOTHING in comment with a capital N.

    leggings are for the fourth grade... our fourth grade.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home