call it a whim

Friday, September 15, 2006

Poop in a tub

So, this is the readers digest version of my morning yesterday. I know some of you will enjoy the laugh. Others may decide you don't want to have kids.

I was giving Grady his bath. He was all cute and wet and was even obeying me when I told him to "sit down, please" ( he likes to try to stand up and climb out, which I know is eventually going to lead to a split lip or broken arm). I had just asked him to find his toy fish when he decided the bath needed some bubbles, if you get my drift. Whilst he was laughing at the utterly hilarious sound he had managed to make , I started to panic and wash him as quickly as possible before something other than gas escaped from his cute tushy. The panic was rightfully deserved, as I found out about 45 seconds later when his face turned red and he grunted and then sighed. Yep, poop. In the tub. I immediately rinsed him with fresh water and got him out, dried off, and diapered. I then turned my attention to the tub. I was scooping the poop and depositing it directly into the toilet. All was going well. I focused my attention on the few last remnants and prepared to douse the whole tub with clorox spray when I heard a splashing coming from behind me. Yes, Grady had left the Drop and Roar dinosaur I had deposited him in front of for more interesting options. The toilet, which I had yet to flush, that was full of the poop I was scooping from the tub. I managed to move him and count to ten without screaming or puking, although I am not sure how. Then I filled the newly cleaned tub, un-daipered the boy, and plopped him in the water again. He undoubtedly thought it was the greatest treat in the world to have 2 baths within 10 minutes. I definately learned to always flush the toilet.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Courtney,
    Just wanted to visit your blog since you visited mine. I guess I'll keep visiting for previews of what to expect in the coming months/years of baby upbringing...but don't blame me if I'm peeking out from behind my hands while I read!
    - Julia

    By Blogger Julia, at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home