call it a whim

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A welcome break

After nearly 6 months of 80-90* tempratures, Tampa had a low this morning of 44*. Currently, we have not broken the barrier of the 60's, and the HIGH for today is only supposed to top 72*. For me, this is like reaching the part in the Hallelujah Chorus where the audience traditionally stands to honor the beauty of the music surrounding them. I happily donned my long sleeved shirt and light jacket, dressed Grady in 3 layers, and headed out to the park this morning. By the time we were worn out from playing, our ears and cheeks were rosy, and Grady's nose had spouted a leak. It was glorious. For the first time since April, I did not feel the need to return home for a second shower after a morning out. I love today. Here's a pic of Grady yesterday when it was not as cool as today, but still cool enough to get away with shorts and a long sleeved shirt. And a slotted spoon, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home